When it’s a little more frigid in Boynton Beach you depend on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming up. Annual maintenance service from experts can keep your system running properly and identify possible problem areas before they completely fall apart. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signs that indicate repair is necessary. Here are some of the most familiar symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating the way it used to. Is it running long enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could hint at a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps shift the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat might need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and unhampered? If they are and the problem continues, call a professional to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is noisy. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The team at A2Z Air Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.