When it’s a little more frigid in Boynton Beach you depend on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming soon. Annual maintenance service from professionals can keep your system working properly and diagnose likely problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signals that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running properly. Is it running long enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could indicate a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps shift the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too frequently. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat might need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unhampered? If they are and the problem continues, call an expert to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is making a lot of noise. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’ve never heard before, there could be something wrong.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at A2Z Air Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.