Living in coolness in the summer can be taken for granted, especially until you feel a taste of uneasiness with an air conditioner malfunction. It can happen at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so warm wrapped in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uncomfortable feeling? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s fault; the settings can be working appropriately, but it still reads that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s most often caused by an outdated or faulty air conditioner that needs a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many causes for why air conditioners break down, especially taking into consideration the weather in Boynton Beach. Here are a couple of things that you can examine for before you call A2Z Air Inc if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps transport the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and find that the fan isn’t working, it means that the heat transfer isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to remain in your home. This malfunction can also cause overheating of the compressor and other likely internal harm to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar issues that A2Z Air Inc sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner decrease appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season comes around. Dirty air filters can also decrease the efficiency in your home and increase your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an obstacle or jam in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to waste efficiency and reduce speed.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also hindered from outdoor blockages close to your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is altered, it can influence it’s cooling capacities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned routinely to reduce the chance of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve gone through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t working, here are a list of questions and additional checks that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and working again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t turn on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature fixed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL position?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box ok or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system procedure, call A2Z Air Inc at 561-270-6228.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you restless at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under annual maintenance, you should have you air conditioner running again in no time. Our team at A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach is always here to assist – give us a call at 561-270-6228.