The shifting weather in Boynton Beach can mean a host of things, from the changing seasons to flicking off the switch of your air conditioner for the colder months. Of course, complete home comfort is your year-round goal, but sometimes our heating and cooling equipment doesn’t feel like doing that. That doesn’t mean that you’re automatically destined for AC repair though.
When your air conditioner stops working or you notice it operating weirdly, there are four things you can check on before calling in the team at A2Z Air Inc for AC repair. Here are four troubleshooting tips to try before giving us a shout.
1) Check your thermostat
This is one of the simplest checks that homeowners can do themselves, and could solve the concern more than they’d like to admit. Be sure your thermostat is:
- Set to “cool”
- Programmed to be around room temperature
- Working with a new battery
2) Look at the air conditioner filter
Dirty filters can cause air conditioners to act erratically, making them shut down without notice and without making a peep. Air conditioner filters have been the cause for quite a few AC repair calls in the past, but there’s no reason to pick up the phone when you can swap it out yourself. Not to mention that a dirty air conditioner filter diminishes your system’s efficiency and reduces airflow.
3) Find and inspect your air conditioner’s switches
Most of the time, switches to your air conditioner are found:
- Around the air conditioner itself and usually look like your everyday light switch.
- At your circuit breaker panel. Identify the breaker that controls your air conditioner and determine if it is in the middle position or the Off position. If it is, cycle the breaker to Off and then switch it back to the On position.
4) Open all of your vents
A common mistake among homeowners is to close vents in unused rooms, but this could actually lead to a need for AC repair. Closing these vents could potentially cause your system to be less efficient and stop working because of added airflow pressure.
If you’ve done these four troubleshooting tips and still aren’t having any luck getting your system back up and running, it’s probably time to give us a call. The experts at A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach are here to ensure all of your AC repair needs are met, so give us a call at 561-270-6228 to set up an appointment with us.