One of the most important parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the cold it is even more crucial. Winters in Boynton Beach are always changing and the frostiest days can often appear on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you ask a specialized technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most widespread causes of unforeseen furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time traveling through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut down sometimes. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to notice the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to find clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can prevent these issues and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or sign on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook small things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this important step, especially if there was a relevant increase in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can often be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is frequently the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is a simple and effective way of ensuring the efficiency of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Boynton Beach technician. If there are still difficulties after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much wider idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach.