Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Boynton Beach is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While A2Z Air Inc consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach at 561-270-6228 today.