Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Boynton Beach is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While A2Z Air Inc always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach at 561-270-6228 today.