Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Boynton Beach are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 561-270-6228 and stay comfortable this summer.