With proper maintenance, your air conditioner can run for 15 years or longer. But even the most well- maintained air conditioner will need to be replaced eventually.
When you’re beginning to plan for air conditioning installation in Boynton Beach, we are aware that the expense tops your list of questions. The good news is that getting a new air conditioner might be more economical than you think it is, because of rebates, our special offers and financing for qualified customers. You’ll also get improved energy efficiency, which will usually pay off over time through cheaper electrical bills.
Here’s what to anticipate when you’re getting a new air conditioner.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner
Knowing when to repair or replace your air conditioner might be tricky. Here’s what our pros suggest.
- Your air conditioner is older than 10 years old. While some might run longer, the majority of air conditioners work for around 15 years with routine maintenance. We advise planning for air conditioning replacement around the 10-year mark. Even if you get a new one when it’s only a decade old, the U.S. Department of Energy says this change could save you 20-40% on cooling expenses.
- You’ve skipped routine maintenance for many years. Just like a car, you cooling system requires routine air conditioning maintenance. Skipping this essential service can result in reduced efficiency, more recurring repairs and even a reduced life span.
- Your air conditioner has to have frequent or expensive repairs. Needing air conditioning repair is typically the outcome of not doing tune-ups. But as your air conditioner ages, it’s more likely to experience a catastrophic breakdown. When repairs are higher than half the cost of a new air conditioner, we recommend getting a new one.
- Your home is uncomfortable. If your residence feels too muggy or you’re dealing with hot and cold spots in specific areas, your air conditioner could be having a hard time keeping up. This is a clue you need to replace it.
- Your energy bills are costly. Your air conditioner gets less efficient as it gets older. Consequently, it could need to operate more repeatedly or longer to keep your residence at your desired setting. Newer air conditioners have the top energy-efficient technology to keep your residence comfy and energy costs low.
- Your air conditioner runs on R-22 refrigerant. If your air conditioner was replaced before 2010, there’s a decent chance it uses Freon. Also referred to as R-22, this refrigerant is no longer being manufactured as a result of its bad effects on the environment. You can carry on with using your air conditioner, but if it were to have a refrigerant leak, repairing that would be extraordinarly expensive. This is since R-22 is only available in limited, recycled amounts.
- Your air conditioner is no more than 10 years old. If your air conditioner is newer, it’s wisest to repair it.
- Repairs aren’t needed all the time or inexpensive. The smartest way to stop unanticipated repairs is to have yearly maintenance completed. But when repairs are only needed not very often or are reasonable, repair your air conditioner.
- Your air conditioner has a valid warranty. Most air conditioners come with a 5- to 10-year limited warranty that often covers the compressor. Your exact warranty length depends on your manufacturer, but it offers valuable protection in the event of a huge failure. If your air conditioner is under warranty, we suggest fixing it.
Air Conditioner Cost
Most homeowners spend around $4,631 on a new air conditioner, per national averages compiled by HomeGuide. Air conditioner cost averages often range from $3,350 to $5,912, but your exact cost might vary.
There are a few aspects that affect your total cost, like:
- The air conditioner model you select, because more energy-efficient ones are higher priced.
- The size you need.
- If you need to put in new ductwork, which can be needed if your ductwork is aging or separated.
We provide free estimates at A2Z Air Inc so you can be confident you’re getting a fantastic deal. And with our complete range of air conditioners, there’s an energy-efficient model that fits just about any budget.
Air Conditioner Size
Air conditioner size is essential. A system that’s too small won’t be able to keep your home cool. And one that’s oversized could turn on and off too many times, or short cycle. This behavior can drive up your utility expenses and wear your air conditioner out faster. This may also lead to temperature inconsistencies and make your home feel less comfy.
At A2Z Air Inc, our professionals have many years of experience in accurately sizing and installing the right air conditioner for your residence. The right size depends on how big your residence is, plus several other things. Some of the most common sizes include:
- 2 ton, which cools up to 1,000 square feet
- 3 ton, which cools up to 1,600 square feet
- 4 ton, which cools up to 1,900 square feet
- 5 ton, which cools more than 2,000 square feet
Other considerations that can influence air conditioner size are:
- The weather in Boynton Beach
- Ductwork quality and age
- How many windows your home has and the style, as big or picture windows may be less efficient
- If your house has more sun or shade
- Insulation quality and depth
- How many people are in your household
Your air conditioner’s efficiency is impacted by its SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating. This number measures how efficiently it consumes electricity to create cooling. The higher the rating, the more efficient the air conditioner is.
When you’re installing a new air conditioner, it’s crucial to realize:
- Older air conditioners are rated around 8-9 SEER.
- New air conditioners start at 13 SEER. Ones installed in the southwest and southeast must be a minimum of 14 SEER due to U.S. Department of Energy mandates. As of 2017, these SEER rating requirements have saved homeowners trillions of dollars.
- ENERGY STAR®-certified air conditioners begin at 14.5 SEER.
- Higher SEER-rated air conditioners come with extra features to help you save more. These features may include variable-speed cooling. Instead of operating at 100% constantly, these air conditioners can reduce blower speeds customized for your cooling preferences. This creates quieter and more energy-efficient comfort. While an air conditioner with a higher SEER rating is usually pricier, it could be eligible for more rebates. And the energy savings over time could help it pay for itself.
Start Your Air Conditioning Installation with A2Z Air Inc Right Away
When you’re researching air conditioning replacement, the company who puts it in is just as important as the model you go with. A2Z Air Inc is one of the number one names for air conditioning installation in Boynton Beach. From helping you find the recommended solution for your residence to going over financing options to professional installation, partnering with our pros is a breeze. Reach us at 561-270-6228 to start right away!