Having standard air conditioning service performed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Boynton Beach summertime, have the specialists at A2Z Air Inc perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We suggest checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call A2Z Air Inc today at 561-270-6228.