Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family warm during the Boynton Beach colder months. If you already called A2Z Air Inc for your annual tune-up, you’re definitely in control of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 561-270-6228 to get one on the calendar.
There are lots of simple things you can do in between expert servicing to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters often and clean or change them when advised. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and preserve peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are clear for optimum airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have budded up around your outdoor unit or clutter has accumulated, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat often to confirm that it’s functioning correctly. Simply turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or extra thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our pros, call A2Z Air Inc at 561-270-6228 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!