If you want to stay warm during the cold months in Boynton Beach, your heat pump will require some maintenance to keep working at its best. If you’ve already booked your once a year tune-up with A2Z Air Inc, you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are many things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance tricks to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters often and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t emphasize this enough. It’s a simple way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if a mess has gathered or plants have taken control of the space.
- To make sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump start. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or schedule an appointment with us.
Keeping you comfortable this winter matters to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to schedule a service with one of our professionals, call A2Z Air Inc at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.