Typically, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Depending on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, how many pets you have, and how often your air filter has been swapped out, to name a few—you may need to have air duct cleaning
more or less regularly. So, how can you find out for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are absolutely some telltale signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
- Is there an obstruction inside your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers carrying out dust?
- When you gaze inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents found shelter in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have a smaller amount of airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and lengthen the period of time between specialized cleanings.
First and foremost, schedule routine HVAC maintenance with the experts at A2Z Air Inc. A tune-up of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should include inspection, and potential replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system functioning efficiently, and may help keep your ducts clean.
You can also talk to the team at A2Z Air Inc about installing an air purification system. We offer the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other actions you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Inspecting your air filters regularly and changing them when the manufacturer recommends changing them. Most filters will present dust on them after a brief stint in service, but they may not demand exchanging.
- Sealing leaks in air ducts that allow dust to come in from areas like your attic.
- Trading poor or impaired air-duct insulation.
With a professional air duct cleaning and some preemptive measures, you can help keep the air in your Boynton Beach home clean and healthy. Give the experts at A2Z Air Inc a call at 561-270-6228.