According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts need to be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence the amount of time between cleanings. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have insects or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to reach out to A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the experts at A2Z Air Inc. Annual evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system regularly and replacing the air filter when needed will also help keep your ducts clean.
Other ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and change them when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Boynton Beach home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at A2Z Air Inc at 561-270-6228 or make an appointment online.