With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can trim a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could significantly increase your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your A2Z Air Inc professional do air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system working efficiently for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is working as it should be and can identify potential concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the team at A2Z Air Inc a call at 561-270-6228.