Spring is in the air here in Boynton Beach and that means vacation plans are on the horizon. While you’re figuring out what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what you’re leaving behind, your home. The A2Z Air Inc team has some helpful advice that will assist in keeping your home secure and help save some money on your utility bills while you enjoy a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are an economical way to make your home look as though you’re still home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a good idea to program your lights to sync up with your typical schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a trusted friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater comfort than a text while you’re you’re on vacation letting you know that everything at home is just fine.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to ask you not to share photos of your amazing trip on social media, but try to hold off until after you make it home to post photos of your trip. Family and friends probably already know you’re leaving so there’s no need in letting potential criminals know your intentions. Everyone will be just as enchanted by the wonderful things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it more effortless than ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical appliance is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to save some energy while you’re on vacation is to unplug some of your electronics. Something that you may overlook unplugging is your garage door. It will conserve energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re not going to be home there’s no sense keeping your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your ideal level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some simple tips to add to your spring break prep checklist, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about safeguarding your home this season or want to discuss additional energy saving tips, give A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach a call at 561-270-6228.