Summer weather in Boynton Beach can be a bear. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility bills. We’ve assembled some tips to help you out.
The top thing you can do to stay cool and ensure energy efficiency is by servicing your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system operating at its best and efficiently, and A2Z Air Inc can assist. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to run more often to do its job.
- Check system controls to ensure correct and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure accurate system airflow.
Another key to keeping cool is routinely inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter can increase energy expenses and damage your equipment, which may lead to early failure. Our A2Z Air Inc experts will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to arrange your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If you find yourself cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Use fans to your advantage. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you routinely would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people seem to forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your house.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like more ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give A2Z Air Inc at call at 561-270-6228 or request an appointment with us online.