Summer weather in Boynton Beach can be brutal. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility bills. We’ve put together some tips to make it simple.
The greatest thing you can do to stay cool and sustain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system running reliably and efficiently, and A2Z Air Inc is able to help. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks suggested by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to be sure there’s safe operation of your system and the possibility of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to work more often to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of correct and safe operation.
- Check refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to be sure of accurate system airflow.
Another critical piece to keeping cool is routinely looking at your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may increase energy expenses and damage your equipment, leading to premature failure. Our A2Z Air Inc pros will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfy and energy-efficient:
- Check thermostat settings to make sure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are gone.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to hold on to the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you routinely would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another kind of fan people seem to forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Be sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your home.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven add heat into your home, but even normal activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can up the heat in your home.
If you’d like additional ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give A2Z Air Inc at call at 561-270-6228 or request an appointment with us online.