Whether you enjoy winter or desire the warmer months in Boynton Beach, most of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your space warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it needs to be changed. We recommend at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – They may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can fix temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. The team at A2Z Air Inc can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give A2Z Air Inc in Boynton Beach a call to begin. Give us a shout at 561-270-6228 or book an appointment with us online.