Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Boynton Beach during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at A2Z Air Inc will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call A2Z Air Inc at 561-270-6228 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.