Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Boynton Beach during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at A2Z Air Inc will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call A2Z Air Inc at 561-270-6228 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.